The easyfit HR App for Android
Is this the first time you’re trying to receive notifications from your smartphone? Please see the synchronisation section.
Why are notifications arriving late or not getting through?
Notifications might not get through or stop for various reasons. Some issues may be related to the Easyfit HR and others require taking certain steps when using this product.
- Ensure that your smartphone and Easyfit HR are close to each other, or at least within the Bluetooth operating range.
- Check that all notification settings on your smartphone are set correctly. Many smartphones have a “Do not disturb” mode; when this mode is on, the phone will not display or send notifications to your Easyfit HR.
- Problems might occur with receiving notifications if any errors are detected during the use of several connected Bluetooth devices at the same time. A prime example is using Bluetooth speakers to play music when connected to a smartphone.
- If the problem occurs after you’ve updated the app, switch your smartphone off and on again and try synchronising notifications again.
I’m having notification problems, how do I fix them?
You only need to check this paragraph if the previous suggestions didn’t fix your problem.
SOLUTION 1: you might be having Bluetooth issues – please follow these steps:
- Turn off Bluetooth
- Stop and close the Easyfit HR app
- Turn on Bluetooth
- Open the app and reconnect your Easyfit HR
That didn’t fix your problem? Try solution 2.
SOLUTION 2: there might be a block in the notification management system – please follow these steps:
- Reboot your Easyfit HR – if you don’t know how to reboot it, please see the “how to reboot your Easyfit HR” section
- Turn off notifications:
a. Go to the Easyfit menu
b. Go to the Notifications Management menu
c. Disable all notifications
- Restart your smartphone
- Go back into the Easyfit HR app and turn on all notifications again
- Synchronise the two devices
SOLUTION 3: complete reset of the Bluetooth connection between your smartphone and Easyfit HR – please follow these steps:
- You have to delete your Easyfit HR from your smartphone
a. Go to the phone’s Bluetooth menu
b. Delete your Easyfit HR
- Restart your smartphone
- Open the Easyfit HR app
- Go to the Easyfit section
- Synchronise the device again
- Once it’s synced, go back to the Easyfit section
- Go to the Notifications Management menu
- Activate all notifications
NB: Android systems always show a pop-up message asking the user for authorisation so the operating system can send notifications; please remember that this consent is essential to enable notification management, so authorise your Easyfit HR and go back to the app menu. These steps must be done in order, so don’t exit and then relaunch the app.
Problems when using the Easyfit HR with Android:
PROBLEM 1: issues with Android 6.0
With the Android 6.0 update, you must enable location services on your smartphone to prevent any connection issues. The system will automatically ask you when you first use the app. If you skip this step, enable them later on from your phone’s Settings menu. Now try re-establishing the connection.
PROBLEM 2: issues with Android 7
You might not be receiving incoming call notifications. We are working on this issue and will release an app update.
PROBLEM 3: issues with Huawei P9, P9 Lite, P9 Plus and P8 Lite smartphones
Your fitness tracker’s connection with these devices might be difficult due to certain anomalies in your smartphone’s operating system. We are working to resolve this issue and to make the connection more fluid. You may have issues when establishing the first connection: you may experience several unsuccessful attempts. Turn your Easyfit HR off and on again with each connection attempt.
PROBLEM IDENTIFIED WITH HUAWEI DEVICES
We have identified a fault with the latest update of the EMUI system on all Huawei devices.
Following the EMUI stock update, the automatically activated tracking systems which interact with the app are making the product completely unusable.
When this happens, data can no longer be synchronised and even the Easyfit HR cannot be connected to the app.
To fix this problem, we are testing permanent solutions that will allow the product to be used without encountering synchronisation problems. In the meantime, we can offer an alternative solution that will still allow data to be synchronised.
Follow these steps:
- Disable access to your position for the Easyfit HR app.
- Open the Easyfit HR app and synchronise data. Synchronisation will be slower than expected.